Central Texas Sinus & Allergy carries a wide array of hearing aids to help you get back to living a normal life.
Basic hearing aids usually require you to make manual adjustments in certain listening environments, such as turning a volume control up or down, or pushing a button to change listening programs. Premium and more advanced hearing aids automatically respond to changes in the listener's environment, making changes based on the signals being detected by the hearing aid.
Hearing Aid Styles
Hearing aids are available in a variety of styles and sizes. With advancements in digital and miniaturization technology, many modern hearing aids are sleek, compact, and innovative.
In-the-ear style hearing aids are available in different camouflage skin tones, with several styles for different needs. Central Texas Sinus & Allergy carries 4 different types of in-the-ear style hearing aids to fit your lifestyle.
- Invisible-in-the-Canal Invisible-in-the-canal hearing aids sit invisibly or past the second bend of the ear canal. They are specifically designed for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely-in-the-Canal Completely-in-the-canal hearing aids are one of the smallest custom styles available. They fit deeply and entirely within the ear canal. They are specifically designed for mild-to-moderate hearing loss and offer a higher cosmetic appeal.
- In-the-Canal In-the-canal hearing aids sit in the lower portion of the outer ear bowl. They are generally easier to use and more comfortable than other options. They have longer battery life and can have additional features such as directional microphones and volume controls. They are specifically designed for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Full Shell Full shell in-the-ear hearing aids sit right in the entire ear bowl. The larger size allows for a maximum number of control features such as directional microphones, a larger battery, and a larger receiver. Due to the wide array of features, they are ideal for mild-to-severe hearing loss.
Request an Appointment
Allergy testing & treatments
nose & sinus
ears & hearing
Behind-the-ear hearing aid models sit behind or atop the outer ear with tubing/wiring that sends sound down to the ear. They come in a wide variety of colors and sizes to fit any lifestyle.
- Mini Behind-the-Ear Mini behind-the-ear hearing aids are designed to hide behind the outer ear. They employ ultra-thin wiring/tubing to discreetly carry sound to your ear. Mini BTE hearing aids feel more natural, with open airflow entering the ear naturally. They are ideal for mild-to-moderate high-frequency hearing loss.
- Receiver-in-the-Ear Receiver-in-the-ear hearing aids are mini BTEs with an incorporated speaker in the ear tip instead of the main body. Receiver-in-the-ear hearing aids are ideal for mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Behind-the-Ear with Earmolds Behind-the-ear with earmolds feature a longer shape that follows the contour behind the outer ear. Oftentimes behind-the-ear hearing aids with earmolds contain more features than your average behind-the-ear hearing aid. They are ideal for mild-to-severe hearing loss.
What To Know About Hearing Aids
At Central Texas Sinus & Allergy our exceptional care and outstanding hearing services, administered by a Doctoral level audiologist, include comprehensive audiological evaluations, state-of-the-art hearing devices, repairs on many hearing aid brands, custom hearing protection and exceptional warrantees. Our Audiologist will assess your hearing needs, the environments where you spend your time, your lifestyle and your budget to determine the best solution for you. All hearing aids come with a trial period. During this trial period, hearing aids can be returned or exchanged. We accept a variety of commercial insurance plans and discount programs. Call our office to schedule a free hearing aid consultation and see if you are a good candidate for hearing aids.
HEARING AID BRANDS WE CARRY
Loved my doctor and the staff
I love Dr Wright in College station!